Random ramblings

Nothing specific to post today, but there were a few little things I thought I'd throw out there. I'll go in chronological order of thier occurance.

***
Of late, I've had many people (in the blog world and real world) tell either my wife or I that we're such good parents. The latest was an email from Aimee (thanks again for the note, you're a sweetee!). Whenever I hear someone say that, I think of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons, "You don't know me very well, do you?". Case in point: Last night, Maverick called for the Wife about an hour after we put him to bed. He usually is good about going to sleep. The Wife had just gotten comfortable in her chair so I asked him what he wanted. He wanted Mom and wouldn't tell me what he needed. So the Wife gets the cat off her lap, gets up, and checks on him. He needed his water glass filled. When asked why Dad couldn't do it, he replied that "Dad gets angry and you're more calm." Can you say body slam from the top rope? Ouch.

***
Today must be opposite day. If so no one told me. Usually, I have to fight with Maverick to get out of bed, get dressed, make his bed, etc. Grasshopper is always pretty good about getting up and getting ready and is always done before Maverick. Maverick usually needs 2 snooze bar hits before getting up. Today, he got after one snooze, was dressed, bed made, teeth brushed, everything, before Grasshopper even got in the bathroom. Usually Grasshopper is done first and we're waiting for Maverick before we can leave for day care. Also, I'm ususally a mean old bear in the mornings and the Wife is patient. Today, I was in a care free, great mood and the Wife was yelling at the boys.

People need to tell me when we have holidays like this.

***
I was listening to Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien on the way to work. I really love that CD. It makes me want to grab my guitar and just rock. Good mood combined with wailing guitar solos just makes the morning drive a pleasure.

***
I got tagged by Julie. This morning. Results will be below. The funny thing about it is it requires me to go to my 23rd post. I was just thinking last night that my blogiversary is coming up (October 12). So last night I was reading some of my original posts. I think she's psychic or something. I must also mention in public that I got to hear Julie's voice for the first time when I left her a message on her machine last night. She sounded just like I thought she would. Don't ask me why that struck me. It just did. Ok, now for Julie's tag:

The rules are:
1. Go into your archive.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same.


5th sentance is: She looks at them and her first response was "I liked the other picture better".

Ok, I now tag:
Brighton
Tracy
Renee
Melzie
Jude

Have at it!

Comments

Popular Posts