Weekend plans

Got some neat things in store this weekend. Tonight I'm going to see the new Star Wars movie with two friends from High School. Female friends. Females not that are not my wife. Not to make too big a deal out of it, we all hung out together in high school (they, my wife, and I). My wife wasn't interested in going since she isn't a big fan of this trilogy. She likes the original better. I hear it's pretty cool and I like dark movies so I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow I'm hopefully taking the family to the Lilac Festival here in town (it's a big annual event here in the Flower City). We can wander around and check out local art and crafts, maybe pick up some stuff for the house. Then tomorrow night I've got time booked in the studio. If I'm really lucky (which I don't count on), I can finish guitar AND vocal parts, leaving some miscellaneous tracks requiring other musicans and maybe some percussions. Odds are I won't be able to do all the vocals. However, I may be able to get the rest of the tracks recorded in 2 more sessions after this one. I'll be updating my other website next week so check it out for details. I'm still on track for fall release.

Sunday we have a baptism to attend. Our good friend P (who I'm seeing Star Wars with tonight) is baptising their little girl. I've got to play at Mass so I'll only go to the party, but it will be nice none the less.

So anyway, another busy weekend. I swear one of these days (hopefully before I die) I'll have a few weeks where there's nothing on my schedule. My wife commented last night "Remember the days where we'd wake up on Saturday and have to figure out what we were going to do that day?" Those days were long ago indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts