Relationship songs just for you!

All right, I promise that this is the last post I make before going on my trip with the family. As I was mowing the lawn today, it occurred to me that many of the blogs I read deal with relationship issues. It then struck me that I’ve written a pair of songs that might be for comfort and/or help to those with some of these issues. So I thought I would post the lyrics.

The first song is called Remember When. I wrote it about the first love of my life. I like to say when I play this live that the original title was Die Bitch Die, but it’s not really true. The song is dedicated to those of you out there that have had your hearts broken. Perhaps I’ll post about the gal I wrote this for one day. The music is reminiscent of Zepplin’s Over the Hills and Far Away.

The second song is called Beg and Plead. It is an instructional song for all you guys out there that want to have a long relationship with your girlfriend or wife (or your girlfriend’s wife, or wife’s girlfriend, or whatever). The song is pretty self explanatory. It’s kind of a country rock/early Rolling Stones groove. I’m considering making both of these songs bonus tracks on my CD project as they’re complete but need to be mixed down.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: THESE SONGS ARE WRITTEN AND COPYRIGHTED BY ME! NO SCREWING AROUND HERE. THESE LYRICS MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT MY EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION. I SWEAR I WILL COME AFTER ANYONE THAT VIOLATES MY COPYRIGHT WITH ALL THE LEGAL POWER I CAN MUSTER. I’M VERY PROUD OF THESE SONGS AND DESERVE THE CREDIT FOR THEM. DON’T FUCK WITH ME ON THIS.

Ok, here they are:

REMEMBER WHEN

VERSE 1

Young and in love, starry eyed

Said you’d love me until we died

Never thought you’d make me cry

And I can’t believe we’ve said good-bye

BRIDGE 1

I said I love you, this can’t be true

You were my whole life, don’t say we’re through

You’ve found another to be with you

I wish you’d tell me what did I do.....to make you leave me

CHORUS 1

I remember when we thought it would never end

Sometimes every now and then I remember when

VERSE 2

You wouldn’t see me, or take my calls

I was behind you, never there at all

I tried to reach you, get inside your walls

But you just ignored me from your horse so tall

BRIDGE 1

CHORUS 1

VERSE 3

It’s been a long time, the pain is gone

I’ve found another to call my own

She is my whole life and I am hers

I can’t believe how good my luck has turned

BRIDGE 2

Sometimes I wonder, where did you go

I was so busy, caught in the flow

You must have your life and I have mine

Do you think of me from time to time

CHORUS 2

I remember when we thought we would still be friends

If we could meet again we’d remember when

BEG AND PLEAD

Verse 1

I get home at 2am and I’ve been drinking with my friends

You’re still waiting for me by the door

I look at you and try to smile but you’re still frowning all the while

And I know who that rolling pin is for

Chorus

But I just want to go to bed and have you love me once again

So I recite the married man’s refrain

Yes dear, no dear, you’re so right dear

Please calm down cause I don’t want to fight

It’s all my fault dear, I’m so sorry

I don’t want to beg and plead tonight

Verse 2

Now I’ve been working hard all day at a company that barely pays

When I get home I just want to relax

But you’ve been stuck home with our sons and all the housework don’t get done

If I don’t help you’ll hit me with an ax

Chorus

Verse 3

Now I’ve been playing with my band and you tell me it’s out of hand

But just like to play on my guitar

You tell me “You got a job stop being such a lazy slob

That music thing won’t get you very far.”

Chorus

Comments

Popular Posts