1/8/12

Mass was a little weird today.  The band played pretty well and we were comfortable working with the music director.  However, there's still the underlying tension with the pastoral administrator.  The "non-music" parts of the Mass were kind of painful.  I had a brief chat with the music director and will speak to him more this week.  Luckily, one of the other band members broached one of the subjects I wanted to talk to him about, namely how some of the things the parish is doing is seperating people from the Mass instead of bringing them more fully into it.

I continue to pray about that and for the leaders of our parish.  I'm still working on creating new habits to improve my spiritual life.  It's not always easy.  It's finding the quiet time necessary for good prayer.  But you keep at it.

Comments

Jude said…
Often finding that "quiet" time for prayer is a challenge, especially in a busy family life. I think just before bed, or upon rising, may be the ticket for a lot of people.
sydwynd said…
Jude: I not only try and find some dedicated time for prayer but squeeze in a little prayer whenever I can throughout the day. "Pray unceasingly" as St. Paul said.

Popular Posts