Back to work

Today's the first day back to work after about a week off. I spent the morning catching up on email and paperwork. Also, it's just myself and one of the techs today (usually there is myself, our admin assistant, and 2 techs). I've spent the day answering the phone for the most part. I'm pretty much caught up.

The holidays were nice. Christmas eve and Christmas went off without any drama. As a matter of fact, Christmas day at our place with my wife's family went quite nice. Plenty of good food and wine. The boys loved their gifts, especially my younger son. He wanted a Transformers Omega Supreme and Santa came through. He was sooooo excited when he opened it. We got our older son a digital camera and now he wants to take it everywhere and take pictures.

We took the tree down yesterday. It's good to have the family room back. It wasn't really crowded but it looks so much bigger now that the tree isn't in the corner. Mrs. Santa was good to me this year. I got a new diamond earing and the Star Wars trilogy on DVD. Some of my favorite movies of all time. Watching them again does make me a bit dissapointed in the current trilogy but that's a topic for another post.

Now that it is the new year, I need to concentrate on putting together the new group for church. We seem to be in good shape with the exception of a drummer. I need to contact my old bandmate again. He was iffy when I last talked to him but I'll see if I can convince him. I think I do need to cut out some activities. It seems like I barely have time for anything. Even with a week off, I bare got done any of the things I wanted to accomplish. I really need to get rid of the cubmaster thing and get that weight off of my back. Very soon. I also really need to get into some sort of excersize routine. I'm feeling all stiff and old. It would be nice to do something family related. We have a family membership to the YMCA and it's a nice new facility. Of course, then there's finding time to go with all the other things going on.

Plenty to do, no time to do it.

Comments

Popular Posts