Jealous yet?

I sit here now typing this post on a brand new laptop running Windows Vista Enterprise. Yes, peeps, I get to play with the latest and greatest. Of course, it's not actually my hardware, it's a work laptop, but it's new and fast and I get to spend the next 6 to 12 months testing on it. Unless, of course, we get newer, faster hardware, then I'll test on that.

I had a great experience at work yesterday. I was in a meeting with the new CIO concerning migrating email. Interesting to me, but I'm sure the details will bore you so I won't discuss. But what really matters is that I pretty much took on the project and am running it for the new combined organization that includes Rochester and Schenectady. The CIO wanted to make sure our plan was sound, and I felt at the end of the meeting that I had aquitted myself well and sounded confident, in charge, and on top of things. This morning I come in and there's a note on my chair from the new CIO saying what a great job I did and how I everything I discussed made sense. Nothing beats making a positive impression on the new big boss in your first meeting. Hah!

I'm still getting over my cold, but I think I'm mostly better now. The last couple of days I'd be decent during the day, but by about 6 pm I'd be dead. Today I woke up feeling myself again. I did wear down a little by about 7 pm, but it's more of a headache than the dead tiredness I'd been feeling. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be all better.

I've begun calling my sister Last Minute Sis (real name here). Her two oldest boys were both born in January. She normally has a single family party for both of them. In her now classic last minute fashion, she called me yesterday to say she was having a party for them on Sunday. Mind you, this is the third year in a row the party has been both late, and last minute. But, she's my sis and I love. I'm going to make her make it up to us by hosting a Longaberger party for the Wife.

I did get a chance to call Nanner last night. She's doing as well as can be expected. I had to cut the conversation a little short as I was still tired as hell and it was bed time for the kids, but I just had to see how she was doing and my minor misery was nothing compared to what she's dealing with. You gotta be there for your friends, after all.

Comments

Popular Posts