What a weekend

Sorry I haven't been around for a little while. Now that school's started, we're into our crazy schedule time. Monday's are scouts for Grasshopper. Tuesdays are scouts for Maverick and practice for the band. Thursday is karate. Saturday also karate and right now soccer. This month we have something booked for every Saturday. This past Saturday was soccer in the morning, followed by a Longaberger show for the Wife in the afternoon. Sunday I got up at 6:10 AM for a golf tournament which ended at 2:30. The Wife went to a family reunion at 1 (that I had to miss), I had Alive at 5 Mass to play at 3:30, AND the Wife was invited to a baby shower! Can you see the insanity that was my weekend? So bottom line is that the few opportunities I've had to blog over the last 7 days, I've been too damn tired to turn on the comuter.

But, now I'm back. Tonight was Grasshopper's first den meeting of the year. I've graciously offered my home as the meeting place for the den since the parent who's house we met in last year moved to Rhode Island to be closer to family. Before you think I'm all altruistic and stuff, I did it out of laziness. This way, I don't have to go anywhere for the meeting. Much more convenient for me.

We had eight 3rd grade boys here tonight. How do you spell insanity? That would be it. Tonight they got their whittling chits. Meaning we had eight 3rd graders all holding knives! No one was bloodied so the evening was successful. We do have plenty of soap shavings around, but no big deal cleaning those up. Plus Grasshopper's best friend joined Cub Scouts this year so he's very happy. Should be an interesting year.

As I mentioned above, I played in my first EVER golf tournament. Our company puts on an annual event. I got paired with the CIO (my boss's boss) so not only was it fun, I got some good face time outside of work. Turns out he's a big NY Giants fan like the Wife. Our team did pretty good, finishing the day even. I had some good drives, a good put, and a few good hits on the fairway. The last hole every shot I hit was good, so overall not a bad day for me. My partners were quite understanding of my obvious novice status and encouraged me at each hole. I got good pats on the back for my good shots. I'm actually looking forward to getting on the course with Maverick. I might just beat him. Maybe. The tournament ended with lunch and a raffle. Of course I didn't win anything. I think someone may have bribed a judge since one person won like 4 prizes and the 50/50 raffle. I'm pretty sure it was fixed.

Finally, the Wife is going to see her GYN tommorrow for a "female" issue she's having. Don't want to go into too much detail as it might embarass her. Think good thoughts and send good prayers that the doc figures out what the heck is going on and fixes her kitty so she can stop being so annoyed by it. She's been a very unhappy camper for the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts