Just babbling

Don't have anything specific to say but felt I should post something, so here goes.

We have a few more days of respite before the boy's school schedule really kicks in. They're full bore in all activities next week: scouts, band, music lessons, karate, and soccer. You would not believe our schedule next weekend. We're triple booked both days. Sunday I'm playing in my first golf tournament, the Wife has a family reunion, the Alive at 5 Mass kicks off so I'll be playing, oh, and the Wife was invited to her best friend's daughter's baby shower. It's a tad insane.

Tomorrow is the Wife's Longaberger party. She's nearly good to go as a consultant. The only thing she's missing is her kit with all the baskets to bring to parties. It's been ordered and maybe shipped, but we didn't get confirmation. If she's really, really lucky, it will arrive tomorrow.

Grasshopper is still being a major pain at church. He complains the whole time he's there and his list of "issues" grows every week. His stomach hurts, he's tired, he's bored, he needs water, he needs to use the bathroom, and this was just this week. However, it was amazing how when we got home he was perfectly OK to get a snack and go play outside. Imagine that.

We went to Targe today to find a card table to possibly use at the Longaberger party tomorrow. And we couldn't find one. Since when can't you get something simple like a folding card table at Target? Don't they have everything? We did find the DVD we were looking for, however. We got the kids Hoodwinked. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It's hysterical. Glenn Close is awesome as Grandma and the Wolf has to be the best character in the movie. It even has some good jokes only the adults would get.

One of these days I should rant about church (my parish that is) but I just don't feel like it right now. The politics of the place are getting downright laughable. One of the members of Faith on Fire is on staff, and I always have to chuckle when she talks about what's going on there. Oh well. Good thing my faith has nothing to do with the people running the building.

I'm going to finish watching the Giants/Colts game. The Wife is a huge Giants fan, so hopefully one of our teams will win this weekend. My Dolphins blew it against the Steelers (stupid Steelers). So hope everyone has a good week!

Comments

Popular Posts