A question and a rant

So, first the question. A while back on a lark, I submitted my blog to I Talk To Much, a blog that reviews other blogs and usually has little nice to say. Well, I was checking my stats today and noticed I had a bunch of links to my blog from there. So I checked out my review. Here's what it said:

"Your basic black blogger template with the 5 or 6 different font colours. This is my least favourite blogger template. Double sidebars with one of those map things and a moon phase. Long blogroll and long archives...both need to be rolled up NOW.

As to content, it’s kinda personal cum daddy blog with lots of musical referrences and guitar playing, not bad, not thrilling.

His first post about Phil Collen of Def Leppard reinforces his interest in guitars over music in general because he failed to mention that Joe Elliot completely fucked up the lead vocals and when I watched it, all I wanted him to do was shut up so I could hear the backup vocals and the awesome dueling guitar work of Collen and Campbell. So yeah, I related.

I don’t mind it. The template sucks and the writing is your basic personal blog stuff. I like the music related stuff but this is not a blog I’ll read again."

I got one hand. Now, this review isn't that bad, but at the same time, I didn't get flamed like a lot of people do. So I'm not sure if I should be insulted or not. Not cool enough to say really good things, not annoying enough to hate. Guess it could have been worse. It does appear my template might need an update. So if any of you enterprising bloggers out there want to help me give the place a face lift, let me know. I'm be happy for someone to do the work for me.

Now the rant. If you haven't heard by now, Bill Clinton got had a bit of a temper tantrum with one of the guys on Fox news. The interviewer asked something about his inability to get Osama bin Laden and Clinton went off on him. Clinton was sticking his finger in the guy's face, interrupting, being loud, and generally acting like a conservative pundit. Many critics are wondering today if his anger was an act to fire up Democrats.

Well, so what if it was. It's about time someone came out and started beatin up on Republicans. They blame Clinton for everything from 9/11 to the economy. Fact is, Clinton tried to make a big deal out of bin Laden and Republicans blew him off. Clinton left the economy with this huge surplus everyone wanted to spend and Bush blew the wad and then some within a year of taking office. Republicans have made mistake after mistake and are ruining this country, both domestically and internationally and not one person in the Administration or Washington will admit they fucked up.

NOW, the Pentagon is saying the Army needs another 60,000 troops to be able to guard against potential threats and fight the current war in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's just the Army. How are they going to get those troops? They don't know. For now, the plan calls for calling up more National Guard troops! You know what? I got a good idea on how to get more troops availalbe to defend the US against it's threats. Get the fuck out of Iraq. We made a huge mess of it, and while I believe we should clean up our messes, there is no way this one is going to get cleaned up in a decade. There's no cooperation at all from the Iraqi's. So it's time to bail, contain, and let them figure it out on thier own.

Finally, I leave you with one of the funniest things I've read in a while. it was sent to my by a buddy from my Navy days. The subject of his email was "This is just how I remember it". I couldn't have said it better myself. Enjoy.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/42609

Comments

Popular Posts