Not what I was going to say

I had originally intended to post something about politics. Then I thought instead I would post something a little more introspective. However, when the Wife got home from Maverick's baseball game and told me how it went, I knew I had to post for him.

He had a tough game today. He's still been struggling with his hitting, and swung only once today at a pitch because the Wife threatened no snack if he didn't. It didn't help that the pitcher threw side-arm with a wicked curve. But he's been struggling with hitting more with every game. The Wife said he looked on the verge of tears. She talked to him before bed and I reminded him to think of all the good things he did today in the game.

Maverick is unsure if he'll play baseball next year. He mentioned to the Wife that he couldn't remember what to do in the field. The Wife reminded him that his medication wore off WELL before the end of the game and that it's to be expected that his concentration would not be as good. She also told him not to make a hasty decision. As a matter of fact, she gave him advice I should have thought of: she told him to pray about it.

Maverick needs some encouragement. If you could please leave him some words to lift his spirits, I'll print them out for him to motivate him to keep on trying. The Wife doesn't want him to give up while he's in a slump and I don't either. If he decides on another sport later, that's fine. But he genuinely likes baseball and he's pretty good at it, if we can get over the hitting thing. So let's all build him up to be the best baseball player he can be.

Comments

Popular Posts