17 Years of Bliss

The Wife and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary yesterday. Actually, we celebrated it Friday night but the actual date was yesterday. I'd like to begin by saying that it seem like just yesterday that we were married and yet it also seems like we've been married forever. We've had a lot of ups and downs over the years, but I love the Wife as much, if not more, today than the day we wed. I still cannot imagine having anyone else as my Wife and wouldn't want anyone else. I count myself lucky every morning I wake up with her by my side. But enough mushy stuff.

We went out on Friday and had an actual DATE! We went out to dinner at a local bar/resturant place with a semi-50s decor. We had a very nice meal and then went to see The DaVinci Code. Not a bad movie. The thing that amazed us afterward is that we didn't talk about the kids at all! We talked just like a normal couple would! It had to be the first time since the kids were born that this happened. It was so refreshing! I cannot remember the last time I got to just enjoy being with the Wife.

Saturday was to be filled with many activities: golf for Maverick, haircuts for everyone in the family, a soccer game with Grasshopper and a baseball game with Maverick. Well, it rained pretty much all day. Golf was cancelled due to the course being too wet. We did get our haircuts in. The Wife took Maverick to the baseball game. There was supposed to be a baseball clinic for scouts where they get to practice with some of the players from the team. They got to meet two pitchers, but the rain prevented the actual clinic. Then the game was postponed because of rain.

I took Grasshopper to the soccer game. It was raining for that too, but a soccer game goes on no matter the weather. I should have known it was going to be a bad night when the shuttle that was supposed to take us from the parking lot to the game was taking FOREVER. We got to the parking lot 45 mintues before the game and got to the staduim just as the game started. It was the first home game at the team's new stadium and was sold out. We found our seats and the rain not only kept coming down, it started coming down harder. We ended up leaving at half time cause I couldn't take being wet any more and Grasshopper was starting to shiver.

Today turned out to be a much nicer day. We went to visit friends and got interviewed for an article in the local Catholic diocese newspaper. Our friend is a reporter for the paper and is doing an article on autism. His two boys both were diagnosed with PDD-NOS like Grasshopper so he thought our perspective would be nice. He'd thought about telling the story in the first person but his paper don't play that. After the interview we had a wonderful lunch (ham panini's, YUM!) while the kids played. It was supposed to rain all day but the sun came out and it was just beautiful!

Overall, it was quite a nice weekend, excepting the rain ruining our sporting event plans. At least I had a really nice evening out with the Wife and the boys had a BLAST with their babysitter. It made up for any other disappointments.

So a final Happy Anniversary to the Wife. I love you more than I can express, even in song. I can't wait to see what the next 17 years and beyond have in store. Cause as long as I have you, they're bound to be the best days ever. So how's about a big moose kiss!!!

Comments

Popular Posts