Keep the Faith

I posted previously about my trepidation with the Alive at Five group at church. We met Tuesday to discuss it. Overall, it was a positive meeting, but the future of this group as a part of our parish is still possibly in doubt. We discusses scaling back Masses to once a month instead of once a week. We were having trouble finding preists to say the Mass of quality. It will be easier on a less frequent schedule and we can make more of a special occasion out of it with more music and stuff. And we all know more music is GOOOOOOD. We also discussed the band playing other events and inviting youth groups from other parishes as well to swell the numbers and further spread the message.

It all sounds good, but it turns out our youth coordinator may not be 100% behind us any longer. She's upset with some of the staff for not taking a larger role in coordinating the Masses. I understand where she's coming from to a certain extent but I think playing politics can get in the way of what our real goal is: to reach more people and get them to want to stay in the Catholic Church to meet their spiritual needs instead of going to another (that is non-Catholic) church that can meet their needs.

In a way, this all ties in to the general lack of motiviation and inspiration I've been feeling lately from a musical perspective. I mean, it's been fun but something has been lacking. A weekly grind was certainly taking its toll on me, but there was more. So I've been just leaving it to the Spirit to move me and guide me. And I think I hear the Spirit calling me again.

It hit me just yesterday: Keep the Faith. It's a great title for a song. It's a great message. It's inspired me. So I have "officially" started the Keep the Faith Project. I have NO FREAKING IDEA what this project is or where it will go. I know I'm not ready to record another CD, but this is another project of the Spirit, and I'll try to go where the Spirit moves me. I'm excited about it and am reflecting on it whenever my brain has quiet moments, meaning, whenever I'm not actively using my brain. For example, I was mowing the lawn today. A nice activity that disengages your brain and allows you to think about other stuff. And this is what hit me:

You gotta keep the faith
Through all the doubt and all the pain
Through all the trials that come your way
Just keep your thoughts and hopes on Me
And soon your hearts will be set free
Just keep the faith


It's the chorus of the song that will become Keep the Faith. There's no music yet. I'm not overly concerned about it. It will all come together on its own time. I have 3 other titles as well for songs: "Faith on Fire", "Come and Worship the Lord", and "Me, My Guitar, and My Lord". Don't ask me why but that's what hit me. Again we'll see what comes of it.

So keep the faith, my dears, and may the Lord grant you peace and tranquility.

Comments

Popular Posts