Forza Azura!

I've got the World Cup fever. I've always been a soccer fan, but when the World Cup comes around, it goes up a notch. This year's even sweeter since Grasshopper is playing soccer. He's getting better every game. So between his games and matches on TV, I'm in soccer heaven. I got to watch most of the games this weekend. I didn't get a chance to see yesterday's games, you know work and all, so I missed the USA's dissapointing loss to the Czech Republic and more importantly, Italy's win over Ghana. Of course, I'm a big fan of Italy and look for them to do well each Cup. I'd try to be a USA fan, but they're just not that good. Not to mention, growing up in an Italian immigrant household, how could I be anything but an Italy fan?

We're also pulling for England in our household since the Wife is of English decent. They also won this weekend, but it wasn't pretty. I'm not sure if they're just not that good, or they're not giving it 100% in the first round. Many teams will kind of coast in the first round and get just enough points to make the next round, then put on thier A game in the second round. We shall see.

In other news, we're going on our second annual Wellness Gifts retreat this weekend. For those of you that were readers this time last year, it is a weekend camp for families with special needs children. The camp assigns respite providers for the kids to give parents a break to hang out, discuss the challenges they face, go to the spa, whatever. The kids had a blast and are looking forward to it. I'll be posting pictures next week. Right now the weather looks good so please pray for no rain. We got a cabin again this year so rain wouldn't be a big deal, but many of the activities are outdoors so it would be nice if the weather cooperated.

Also, a friend of ours is a reporter for the local Catholic newspaper, the Catholic Courier. He has two boys diagonsed with autism so he's doing an article on it. He interviewed us for the piece and arranged for a photographer to take some shots of us. It should be in next months edition. I'll let you know when it's published. He's a really good writer so we support his work.

This week at work will be nuts. I'm interviewing for a new help desk tech, and the number of candidates is staggering. We recieved over 160 resumes in 3 days alone. So if you know anyone that's a computer geek and lives in the Rochester area, tell them to email me and I'll give them the link to send in thier resume.

In closing, I'd just like to say: Italia! Italia! Italia!

Update: Two quick things I wanted to add. The first is a joke I stole from Larry the Cable Guy: Two guys are out hunting and one is looking through the scope on his gun. He turns to his pal and says, "Dang, I can see you're woman cheating on you with another man right now!" His friend gets real upset and tells him, "I want you to shoot her in the head and him in the private parts." The hunter with the gun goes, "No problem. I can do that in one shot."

Also, this was an ACTUAL objective sent to me on a REAL resume. I file it under the Best Objective Ever! (BTW, I won't be interviewing this particular candidate):

To break all records for network stability in your company, thereby creative a productive and skilled workforce that can generate even MORE customers, Increase support for internal clients and provide better support for your customers. This strategy will help make more profits for your company.


Now, I have a BIIIIIIG ego, but even I would not put something like that on my resume. The candidate should have just said "I will rock your network!". Not to mention, his grammar sucks. Please note the use of the word "creative" instead of "creating".

Comments

Popular Posts