You take my breath away

Look into my eyes and you'll see I'm the only one
You've captured my love stolen my heart
Changed my life
Every time you make a move you destroy my mind
And the way you touch
I lose control and shiver deep inside
You take my breath away

I wanted to begin with a little lyric from a Queen song dedicated to the little lady.

Interesting thing happened last night. While getting the kids ready for bed, we had a typical little fight/get angry at each other kind of moment. One of the boys
asked for something and I thought there wasn’t enough time for that kind of snack/drink, whatever. My wife, however, decided that it was ok for him to have it. Doesn’t sound like a big deal, right? I, however, felt this was undermining my authority as a parent and got annoyed. My way of dealing with this sort of thing lately is to get pissed off and go off somewhere and sulk and let her deal with the kids. Real mature, I know, but hey, that was how I dealt with it.

Anyway, while tucking in the boys, the wife says she doesn’t understand me and why I was pushing to get the boys to bed then didn’t help, making it take longer. I quickly mentioned the undermining my authority thing and an amazing thing happened: THE ANGER MELTED AWAY!

After tucking in the boys, we talked about it for a few minutes and I think both of us understood where the other was coming from, and it was all better. I guess the lesson here is to work on my communication skills with the little lady. It’s funny because I don’t have any issues with communication in my professional life but I have trouble talking to a woman I’ve know and been with for over 20 years. Isn’t that strange? So my mission now is to get better at talking with the wife to avoid these silly fights we seem to have where we get pissed at each other and then glare for a few hours without saying anything.

Oh, and even with all that, Queen did say it best for me. I’m still totally crazy about her after all this time. She’s just a hottie and the only woman I want or need. Love you lady!

Comments

Popular Posts