Cool weekend

I took the family to the local auto show this weekend. We had a blast. We got to look at and sit in some very expensive cars, including a new Hummer and an Audi A8 worth $75,000. I was smitten with the Volvo S40. It had great styling and a 5 speed transmission. It looked like a fun car. They even had the new Ford GT there, though you couldn't sit in it. At something like $150,000, I'm not surprised. The big disappointment is that all the Mercedes Benz cars were locked up! I managed to check out BMW's, a Corvette, Audi, Land Rover, Lexus, Infinity, all kinds of high end cars. But I guess Mercedes are just too classy for us casual plebians to sully thier interiors. Fuck them too.

On another note, I'm going to be attending a peer/support group for parents of children with Aspergers/PDD. My younger son was diagnosed with PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorder) which is the broad category for Autism. I asked my wife if we were going to get a babysitter and both go and she said no, but was hoping I would go. I think she's trying to tell me something, thought she didn't come out and say it. I'll see how it goes and perhaps post an update.

Public thanks to Julie for the Freddie Mercury CD. I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet but it sounds great. Hope she's getting equal enjoyment out of the CD's I sent.

Comments

Popular Posts