Why wait? with update!

First of all, I'd like to say that its very satisfying to get a whole brasil nut out of the shell with a nutcracker. Don't know how many of you try that, but it aint easy. If anyone knows how to do that every time, tell me your secret.

But the real reason for the post is to wonder aloud (ok, in print) why people wait until the last minute to do stuff when you get told a week in advance that a team is reviewing all the work on a Sunday since the assignment is due on a Monday? There was an email from one of my groups that basically said "did I do the assignment wrong?" The person then quoted a small part of the assingment but didn't read the BIG bunch of text that said "for the group assignment use the following rubric" with point values associated with each bullet point. And this email came to the team tonight at about 8 pm. AND this person is traveling on business tomorrow. I don't know, it seems like that's the kind of thing you'd know about ahead of time and schedule your assignments accordingly. But maybe that's just me. So in honor of my classmate, I encourage you to listen to the Anti-Procrastination Song by one of my fave bands, the Stormtroopers of Death. Take the time to listen. It won't take much of your time.



Update: In case you really loved the above song, here's SOD doing Joan Baez's Diamonds and Rust, the Extended Version:

Comments

Jude said…
I guess some people are just more organized, and "look ahead" to keep things in balance. Obviously that person isn't one of them, which is a PITA for you!

I can't tell for the life of me what they are saying in this video! LOL
sydwynd said…
Jude: Indeed. Some people don't get it. BTW, the lyrics to the song are "Anit-Procrastination Song!" That's the joke.
Kate said…
I hate this!

Popular Posts