Musical interlude

Still going crazy doing writing, although right now I'm analyzing Bush II's decision to go to war with Iraq. If you want a good read about it, pick up Fiasco by Thomas Ricks. But I digress.

I've been filling my Ipod with stuff I loved back in the day (meaning the 80's). My latest is some Jefferson Starship. Not the crappy We Built This City shit, but their GOOD stuff! So enjoy two of my favorite tracks from them (Jane is also on the cool list). As a side note, if you don't like the outcome of the recent election, get Megadeth's United Abominations or Endgame. Lots of politial anger there. Just a taste of the lyrics from Amerikahastan:

No rules of engagement, this enemy hides
Amongst women and children
And to beat violence, you must ignore the focus groups
You must send in the Mossad, turn off the BBC, CCN
And don't look back
Rest assured there'll be no more Middle Eastern crisis,hell!
There'll be no more Middle East!

These are your people Lady LIberty
Pull up your dress today
And tattooed is "property of The USA
A subsidiary of Halliburton"
Suprise!?
But a roaring lion is about to be unleashed on earth
Hey, Jihad Joe? Guess what? We're coming to get you!

Now the videos! (BTW, the first video is full of my fave BC Rich guitars, especially the Bich!)



Comments

Jude said…
Great interlude! Those guitars just "sing", and I love me some really good bass.

Okay this got me boppin' in my chair, now it's time to wake up and get my laundry started. LOL!
sydwynd said…
Jude: Glad I could put a spring in your step and brighten your day!

Popular Posts