Legion

Since I was totally bummed yesterday concerning the news of a band member leaving, I did what I usually do, I broke out my Bible. I happened to open to Mark chapter 5 and started reading. It's the story of Jesus healing the demoniac at Gerasene possessed by so many demons they called themselves Legion.

Reading it made me realize I had my own demons that need to be excorcized. Not so many as Legion, but certainly anger and fear. Those two particular demons, especially anger, have been tormenting me for years. Legion had so gripped the Geraenene that chains could not hold it. I know that all my efforts to restrain my demons have not always been successful. They still break free of the chains I put on them.

So I'm doing what the demoniac did. He prostrated himself before Jesus and asked him to drive the demons out. So that's what I'm doing. Asking Jesus to take these demons from me and leave me in my right mind. At the end of the story, Jesus told the demoniac to "Go home to your family and announce to them all that the Lord in his pity has done for you." I hope I'll be able to announce the same to my family. Certainly the Lord has done much for me in his pity so far.

Comments

Popular Posts