If I could but touch His clothes

I was reading Mark chapter 5 again today and read the story of the woman afflicted with hemorrhages. Doctors couldn't cure her but she said to herself, "If I could only touch His clothes, I shall be healed."

Healing has always been a theme for me in my personal spiritual growth. When I first came back to my faith, it was for healing. Everything I tried to get from the world and do on my own never resulted in happiness. It was only through Jesus I felt healed. Whenever something major is distressing me, I look to the Lord for healing. There are times where I feel like I'm reaching for His cloak and not quite touching it. But you have to keep reaching.

So much goes on in every day life that doesn't really matter. A customer at work you need to approach carefully because they'll cause a fuss. An employee with poor job performance that doesn't seem to want to improve. A project that's behind schedule. The laundry piles up because the kids have sports 4 days a week. A tail light bulb needs to be replaced.

But then there's the person that's always wanted to be a dad finding out his girlfriend is pregnant and doesn't want the baby. And you can't do anything for them. Or struggling every morning to be pleasant to the rest of the house when you know some little thing might make you lose your cool.

So I keep praying for healing. Cause if I can only touch His cloak, just for a moment, I'll be healed.

Comments

Popular Posts