Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday. I actually had a pretty good day. I've been fighting off a bit of a cold, but it didn't ruin the whole day. I also had to go in to work for a couple of hours for the big project at work, but at least we got the thing running, so I should be wrapping it up soon.

I got nice gifts from the Wife. New golf shoes. I'm really looking forward to getting out on the course this year. Maverick and I have to play a few rounds together and work on our game. We also went to the animal shelters to look at dogs. Not that I want one now, or anything, but I'm bowing to the inevitability of it. Besides, Grasshopper really likes going to look at them. Haven't found a pooch that would fit in with our family yet.

Later on we went out to dinner at my cousin's resteraunt. We got there a little late but they took care of us. Even the boys enjoyed their dinners. We brought dessert home for today, since we were too full last night. The Wife and I shared a berry flan that was just heavenly.

Today was a Diocosene youth conference which the band played. We did the Mass. Of course, the place was like an hour away so we had to get there early. I'd still been feeling crappy due to the cold but not bad enough to cancel. Of course, once we started to play, I felt totally fine. Lately, whenever I'm playing music for the Lord, everything that may be bugging me, physically or mentally, seems to go away. That was never the case whenever I was playing "secular" music. It's funny how that works.

I'm going to crash now as I'm still kind of beat. Work should be interesting this week.

Comments

Popular Posts