So close I can taste it

I have in my (figurative) hot little hand right now a Master CD called Voice of the Spirit. That's right, faithful readers, I am DONE recording my CD. As in, all the mixes broken down, having copies of all the files, I don't need to go to the studio any longer. It's been a long process, and it's good to have it complete. The next step is to get it printed into CD's I can sell. I'll be working on that next week.

I want to thank The Wife very publicly for being so understanding during this process, especially the last few months. I've been in the studio 2-3 times a week since September getting this thing mixed. It's been a tiring process and she never (well, almost never) complained. She's the best and I love her to death (even if she is old now).

I would also like to thank Brian Labanowski, my co-producer and engineer. His guidance was invaluable in making this CD come out the way it did. Whenever he suggested something I was doing wasn't working, he was right. While he never told me anything I did was bad, he would point out when perhaps a different approach was needed. Technically he made me sound really good and was the key to the songs sounding the way they do in the final mix. I wish him luck in his move to Maine. Perhaps one day we'll have a chance to work together again. It was a great pleasure doing this CD with him.

I'm looking forward to moving on to other musical projects, all related to my church band (which really needs a name, BTW). The Wife will be happy to know I've been cured of recording music in the studio for a while. While it was fun and exiting, I'm worn out with it right now and don't have the desire to do it again for quite some time. I also don't thing I'll do another one with me doing all the instruments. Damn if that isn't a lot of work.

Depending on the CD duplicator, finished product ready to put in your hot little hands will be ready within the next 2 weeks. Once I get final proofs approved, they'll need about 7 days to press the copies. So be patient just a little longer. It's coming, really it is.

Comments

Popular Posts