Random bits

Nothing special has been going on the last few days, so I thought I'd post just some assorted tidbits of what's been going on the last few days, in no particular order.

- Went to get the car inspected Saturday. I've had a check engine light on for a few months, but for the most part it wasn't affecting the performance of the car, so I ignored it. Except lately it has been stalling. Turns out that one of the air pumps needed replacement. So over $700 later, the repair shop says the problem is fixed, but the check engine light still won't turn off. So of course the it wouldn't pass inspection. They told me to fill the tank half way and drive it for a while to clear the light then bring it back. Instead, I took it to Advance Auto and had them clear and read the code. If the light doesn't come back on by the end of the day tomorrow, I'll bring it in to complete the inspection.

-I painted the back hallway as well on Saturday. I'd dropped off the car Friday night (so I wouldn't have to get up early). The Wife had to get up early for a 9 am hair appointment. Which means she needed to get out of bed around 7 to make it on time. Since morning sex was out of the question, I decided to paint instead (after getting up at a reasonable hour, of course). We did it in a color called Biscuit, which is a very light tan. The kitchen that ajoins it is closer to a butternut squash color so we figured having it a shade lighter would work nicely. The Wife was very pleased with the result. It looks much better than the flat white walls. And all the dirt is covered now too!

-I think I need to start practicing my guitar more. I was doing some scales to warm up before Mass, and I was REALLY bad. I was sloppy and the scales did not feel comfortable. Now that I'm not spending all this time in the studio, I need to find some practice time. I've also written a new Gospel Acclamation for the Lenten season. For those non-Catholics, we normally sing Alleluia just before the Gospel reading. However, during Lent (the time leading up to Easter) you don't say Alleluia during the Mass. So instead of looking for something already written, I've come up with something of my own. I'm going to try and write a Gloria (Glory to God in the Highest), and propers for the Mass (Holy, Holy, Memorial Acclamation, Amen, and Lamb of God). I'm waiting for the Spirit to stike me on those.

-We're trying to figure out what to spend one of my bonus on. My company merged with another company and I'm entitled to a retention bonus as part of the deal. Since we've moved into the new house, all bonuses/tax refunds have gone back into the house somehow. Some on the mortgage, the rest on appliances, decorating, whatever. This year I've told the Wife she can either use this bonus to purchase window treatments or go for the front loading washer. I think she's leaning towards the washer.

-Looks like we're going to Dearfield Village this year on vacation. The Wife has been looking at several location. When she showed the boys what they could see at the Henry Ford Museum and Deerfield Village, they were very excited. We're looking at the April Break so hopefully the weather will be good.

-I hope to have some good news tomorrow. I'll wait to give details until everything is in place. So stay tuned.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I'll touch base with all of your blogs this week. Rock on!

Comments

Popular Posts