Robert Frost quotes

(Hi everyone, The Wife here)

Dear,

Since you're in some sort of bizarre mood, I will post some random Robert Frost quotes. I don't quite understand all of them (or necessarily agree with them), but hopefully one of them will put things in perspective.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Always fall in with what you're asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever's going. Not against: with."

"There is the fear that we shan't prove worthy in the eyes of someone who knows us at least as well as we know ourselves. That is the fear of God. And there is the fear of Man - fear that men won't understand us and we shall be cut off from them."

"You don't have to deserve your mother's love. You have to deserve your father's."

"The father is always the Republican toward his son, and his mother's always a Democrat."

I will have to admit that I agree with this last one, although not politically, since I don't think that's how it was intended. Vince has always accused me of being a softie with the boys. Thankfully Robert Frost agrees that this is my job.

Comments

Popular Posts