Bug in my head

I was intending my next post to be on a different topic (which I'll hopefully post about this week), but and odd bug in my head made me do this one instead.

Normally, I wouldn't post this at work, but for some reason this got into my head and won't let go. So I'm going to put it out there for your opinions. Recognize first that the most important opinion will the the Wife's, but it's also good to get some outside perspective.

So here's the deal. I'm going to be hiring a new tech as one of my technicians got promoted. Nothing wrong there. But in verifying that the ad was properly placed in the weekend newspaper, I found that there are several jobs available for IT manager/Network Administrators, a job that I would like to have. All the training and certifications I hold lead to that particualr job. I've been doing the job of a Help Desk supervisor for close to 4 years now.

Not that I don't like my job or the pay or the company I work for. I'm quite fortunate in that I do a job I enjoy for a great company. The people I work with are top notch and there's no personality conflicts. They also pay me fairly well for what I do. So what's the problem? I want to move up to the next responsible position, basically my boss' job. But he's not going anywhere soon it appears. And it would be nice to do something else.

So do I start looking around for something that may be better or stick with what I've got and wait for something internally to come along (sound familiar Kate?)? Since we've merged with another company, there probably will be good opportunity to get my name known as we integrate our IT systems and I may just need to be patient.

So what do you think? I'm probably going to update my resume as I haven't done it in a while anyway and it's always a good idea to have a resume ready to go, just in case.

Comments

Popular Posts