London

I know everyone's blogging about this right now, so I'll try to keep this short. I heard about a blast in London this morning but didn't get a chance to really read about it until just now. And I'm bordering on the totally incensed. I'm saddened and angry all at the same time. Saddened at the loss of life for absolutely nothing, angry at the ones that did this. Praying for the dead and injured and their families, having trouble feeling forgiveness for those that caused the pain.

What was the point of this attack? Get even with England for being involved in the Middle East? How will that make things different? When has one act of terrorism ever advanced the "agenda" of the group and made a major nation change their policy?

I'm just so sick of these guys killing people for no reason other than hate. Because that's what this really is. Pure hatred for other people that don't meet some fanatic's description of what other people should be. I can't even begin to find the words to express my outrage. And all this ends up doing is perpetuating the hate for another generation. The vicious cycle continues with no end in sight.

I said I would keep this short so I'll stop now. I will pray for everyone involved in this mess, including the perpetrators. And for peace in this troubled time. Sometimes I really have trouble having faith in humanity. It's hard being an optimist on days like these.

BTW, Rhonda Elizabeth has posted the best thing I've read so far, so I recommend checking it out. The scriptural references are perfect. I tip my hat to her. Most excellent post, Rhonda.

Comments

Popular Posts