I'm so confused!

I had originally planned on writing about the frustrating experience I had at my older son's baseball game last night. However, reflecting on it, I think I was just being too hard on the boy and it's not worth hashing out here. Suffice it to say I'm going to make sure first and foremost he has fun playing the game.

The biggest problem I'm having right now is focusing. There's lots of stuff going on at work and I can't seem to get anywhere. I know there's all this stuff I should be doing but I don't know where to start or what I should do. Combine that with a feeling that I should be working harder or getting more things done to maximize promotion possibilities, and there you have it. Of course, instead of working throuhg lunch, I'm typing this.

Home is the same way. Lots of stuff going on, but the feeling like nothing is getting done and that I'm letting down wife and kids. I should be spending more time with the younger one, but I'm doing activities with the older one. The older boy and I butt heads on things and we can get very stubborn with each other. I probably don't do enough to help out the Wife and she's overly busy and stressed. Plus I've got a musical group to coordinate and rehearse with.

And I'm starting to feel like this blog is demanding too much of my time. That's not to say I'm going to take it down. However, I'm beginning to wonder why I'm doing it. It started out as something to keep my busy during my lunch hour. It's become a community of sorts. Not that this is a bad thing, but with everything else I've got going on, do I have the time and/or engery to take that on as well? I'm getting to the overwhelmed stage. I'm not quite there yet, but it's very close.

So stay tuned. I'm not sure where I'm going with all of this, but I'll figure it out.

To the Wife - your input is appreciated. Post or comment. I know you think I'm getting a little obsessed, and perhaps I am. Maybe I need the reality check from you. We should probably talk, assuming we have any time to talk to each other after the kids go to bed and we're not exhausted. Let's schedule something for Fall next year. I'm sure our schedules will be clear by then.

Comments

Popular Posts