Happy Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day. We spend the morning watching the Macy's parade and the Dog Show. We then went to my mom's for the traditional dinner of antipasto, tortellini soup, then turkey with all the goodies. That was followed by fruit, coffee (espresso of course), choice of about 10 desserts, and the chestnuts. Now we're hanging out watching The Incredibles. I so dig this movie!

The rest of the weekend will be painting the living room and dining room, and hopefully going to see the Nutcracker on Sunday. One of the Wife's co-workers offered free tickets. She's supposed to get them tomorrow. Being that her employer is cheap, they don't have the day off so she'll have to work. One thing I won't be doing tomorrow is shopping. I can't believe all these crazy peoples that will actually go to a store at 4 am to get a deal. One of the outlet malls here opens at midnight for shopping, and that I can maybe see, but getting up at like 2 am to go Christmas shopping? Are you kidding?

We actually had some snow today that stuck, so I'm starting to get in the Christmas spirit. We pretty much only got a dusting, but winter's coming. Luckily we put the snow tires on the Wife's SUV. I also got the snowblower tuned up and back on Wednesday, so I'm ready to go.

I've been spending more time playing guitar these days. After dealing with IT stuff all day at work, it's nice just to pick up a guitar and play around. It's helping my chops as well. I'll try and post more often, as I found out checking my blog is the second thing the Wife does when she gets to work. Since my music doesn't entertain her any longer, I must keep her entertained somehow.

I'll throw something up afte the painting is done, and maybe a picture or two. The walls will be interactive cream, and that will mean the downstairs is officially painted. Now all that's left is our bedroom, Grasshopper's bedroom, and the two bathrooms upstairs. Grasshopper's room will be next, since he's been bugging us for a while to do it. I'll probaby work on it during the break between Christmas and New Years. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and don't either eat too much or spend too much.

Comments

Popular Posts