The Dad Who Saved Christmas

I'm sure you've seen the news stories about parents that stand in long lines and go out of their minds to get the "it" present for thier kids for Christmas. I've always made fun of those people and vowed I would never do such a thing myself.

However, this year the Wife and I thought it might be nice to get something cool for the boys for Christmas. That cool thing being a Wii gaming system. They've been out for almost a year, should be no big deal getting one, right?

Wrong. I started looking on line and there are literally NONE to be had. Well, that's not entirely true. If you want to go to Ebay or these dealers that snapped up a bunch so they could charge $150 more than the system goes for retail, then sure, you can get one. All the retailers were out on line. So I started checking the stores. Nope, sold out. However, I did end up with a nice little tidbit of information. That being if a retailer advertises an item, then by law the retailer must have some available.

So, after doing so research and making so inquiries, I found out that Wal-Mart was going to be offering the Wii this weekend at a good price. I also found out that since Wal-Mart is 24/7, they could start selling it at midnight of the 4th. Sooooooooo.......

At about 10:15 last night I showed up at the local Wal-mart and began inquiring. Within 15 mintues, I was instructed where to stand to wait. Shortly thereafter, other people started showing up. Yes, dear friends, I became one of THOSE people that will wait in line for one hour and 45 minutes to get the cool toy for Christmas. But, dammit, I WAS THE FIRST ONE IN LINE BABY! AND I GOT A WII!!!!! On top of that, I got one without all of the post Thanksgiving insanity.

On the plus side, I didn't have to wait outside in the cold. And we decided standing was for suckers so we grabbed some folding chairs so we could be comfortable. I had my Ipod and a book of word search puzzles, so it wasn't so bad. The funny thing was that there was a second line for an LCD TV deal. So I guess if you want to get something hot at Wal-Mart, you need to show up well before midnight. And if any of you kiddies want a Wii, well, keep your eyes open and happy hunting. Cause I got mine baby!

Comments

Popular Posts