Bitchin' Camaro

Ok, before I get started, I must say that the Wife was in rare form today. She was ranting all over the place and it was a beauty to behold. We have a "new" tax plan that our Republican County Executive is trying to push called F.A.I.R, that is anything but. We emailed back and forth a little and she was filled with righteous indignation, baby! I've got to get her to blog some of this stuff since it's really good.

Now, on to the meat of the post. Recently, I purchased a USB hard drive. Now that I have TONS of space, I've been ripping music like crazy to load up on my Ipod. I've added great stuff I haven't listened to in a while, like rounding out my Queen collection on the Ipod, Iron Maiden's early stuff, UFO, The Cult, even High and Dry by Def Lep (thanks Julz!). However, one CD I ripped and haven't listened to in a while is just making me smile whenever I hear one of the tracks. You've probably never heard of this band, but they were alternative/indie/who know's what you'd call them. The band is the Dead Milkmen. Their most "famous" tune is a song called Bitchin' Camaro. It is SOOOOO 80's it isn't even funny. There's even the quick refence to Def Lep (again for you Julz! {and Jude}). I managed to find a copy on You Tube. They never did a video so this is pretty lame. Some high school project it appears. But listen to the song carefully. They do some talking in the beginning and then the song. Turn up your speakers as the sound quality kind of sucks. But listen to the lyrics carefully. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts