Interlude

I've been meaning to post the next installment in my ongoing saga, but I've just been do damn tired to blog. The only real chance I get to write is after the boys are in bed, and truthfully, I've just been exhausted. So just a couple of quick thoughts to jot down.

First, if you could say some prayers and have some good thoughts for my parents, I would appreciate it. They're flying to Italy tomorrow for a month vacation, so please pray that they have a safe trip. My mom started crying just saying goodbye to us today and misses all her grandchildren already. She's too funny sometimes.

Faith on Fire (now found at www.faithonfireband.com, a web site still in its infancy) will be performing at an ice cream social at our church for a visiting priest from Kenya. He was our assitant pastor for about 2 years then returned to Kenya to run a parish. He's a wonderful preacher and a very spiritual person. We practiced today and for not playing for about 6 weeks, we were very tight. Practice went incredibly smoothly. We're all looking forward to playing more often.

Speaking of playing more often, I did something Friday night I hadn't done in AGES! We recently upgraded to digital cable so I now get VH1 classics. Friday night they had classic rock, mostly from the 80s. MY kind of music. So I sat in front of the TV for about an hourish and played along with the videos on my guitar. I used to do that as a teen to MTV with the same videos. It's how I learned many songs, honed my ear, and developed my style. It was quite satisfying to do so again. And for my Lep readers out there, it was quite fun playing along to Rock of Ages, though I had the wrong guitar to do Phil's solo. Need a trem for the middle part.

Hope everyone can stay cool tomorrow. I hear it's going to be HOT everywhere. And as Maverick mentioned when I told the Wife she looked hot today while we were in the car, "You don't mean hot as in looking real good, do you?". I especially feel for my peeps in NYC. I'm sure it's going to be brutal there.

I'll be writing the next installment soon, hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday evening. It will cover the time from when we started dating till we got engaged. I will try and add some torrid details for the Retropolitan, but I must be careful, as I prefer sleeping in the bed with the Wife instead of by myself on the couch.

Comments

Popular Posts