Where Vince get mushy

I was meditating one evening earlier this week (translated, mind wandering just before falling asleep on the couch) and I got to thinking about all the people I've met in the blogging community. Perhaps it was Brighton's blogmeet that put it in my head. Or perhaps it was the very touching email I recieved from one of the bloggers who's site I frequent. I've only met one blogger in person, Julie, but it's like I know so many of you.

I don't really know why I started this blog, other than to have something to do and a place just to write random shit that happened to be going through my head. I never thought I'd actually have any readers! Let alone actual friends! The support I've recieved from people I've never met has been unreal. I think that's what really keeps me coming back to the blogs I frequent. Certainly, many are entertaining, but mostly I want to check in on how all of you are doing.

I also try to lend my support where I can. Cause that's what friends do for each other. Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned from the types of people out there. Cause there certainly seem to be far more caring and tolerant people out in blogland than watching mainstream media would have you believe. And it's a really good support structure. It's amazing how many bloggers out there have to deal with the kinds of issues I do with my boys. It's good to hear how other parents deal with it and also have someone that can drop you a note and say "I understand" and mean it.

So anyway, what was the point of this post? I'm not sure I had one. I guess I just wanted to let you all know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you. And I just wanted to say thanks for taking some time out of your lives to swing by and say hi, offer kind words, and generally being a pal and a friend.

Finally, a word for the Wife. She's been quite patient and understanding with all the things I have going lately (non-blog related that is). I very much appreciate her support and love her deeply and always.

Comments

Popular Posts