Interview

Jude was kind enough to interview me, so here's my response. First, the ground rules:

I have to be willing to interview others.

I now invite you all to take part in this interview process as well, so that I may get to know you better too. If you are interested, here are the details:

1) Leave me a comment saying interview me please.

2) I will respond by asking you five questions. ( not the same as you see here.) 3) You will update your blog/site with the interview questions.

4) You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5) When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions


So here's the questions Jude asked me and my responses.

1) You have just been elected into the office of the President of the United States of America. What are your 3 top priority issues/state of affairs that you wish to bring about and/or change?

In no particular order, universal health care, aid to working families, and the war in Iraq. As a parent that’s struggled financially, having affordable health care and being financially able to support your children is very important to me. There was a time when the children were small and in full time day care that we were in the situation where expenses exceeded our income even though we had pretty good jobs and lived modestly. It used to be you could raise a family on one income. Now that income needs to be six figures or more depending on where you live. That just isn’t right. The war in Iraq speaks for itself.

2) If you could have just ONE wish granted for your children, what would it be, and please explain the emotional, physical and psychological impacts for them.

That they grow up to be happy, caring, and responsible adults. I want them to grow up to know that it isn’t the things that you have that make you happy or successful, but doing something you love and being surrounded by people that care for you.

3) Please share with us how music affects your life, and how you got started in this creative outlet.

Music is literally the soundtrack to my life. It’s always on my brain, just ask my Wife. I started playing music in 3rd grade by playing recorder and 4th grade with the sax. When I was 16 I picked up the guitar and was hooked. I’ve been into rock and metal since I was about 12 so naturally I always wanted to be a guitar hero. Music is my emotional and creative outlet. There are several words I would use to describe myself: husband, father, IT geek, and musician. It’s who I am.

4) What are your personal thoughts about Capital Punishment as it relates to both Crime Rate and to humanitarian views/your faith?

I am completely opposed to capital punishment. Forget the fact that it is not a deterrent to crime. As a Christian, I don’t believe in taking lives. I think that capital punishment is meant more as a means of revenge, than “punishment”. Jesus taught us to love our enemies. How can you love your enemies if you kill them for killing someone else? It doesn’t make sense. And don't get me started on this one.

5) Please tell us 2 things you've never experienced that you would like to accomplish someday, and explain why they are important to you.

That’s a tough question. I truthfully can’t think of an experience or accomplishment that means more to me than what I have. The two most important things to me, family and music, I already have. The things I would like to do involve one or the other, such as trips with the kids, or recording music.

Comments

Popular Posts