I'm getting old

As I mentioned in my previous post, I went to take a swim test last night. My older son and I are going to Cub Scout camp this summer and a swim test is required to do water type activities like swimming and boating. On the surface, the test doesn't sound so hard. Jump in the water in the deep end of the pool, do 3 laps either freestyle, breast stroke, or side stoke, on lap back stroke, then float on your back. There's no time limit so you can go slow.

My son (9 years old and under 50 pounds) got 2 laps in before tiring out, classifying him as a beginner. Really good for a little kid. I managed to complete the full test and be qualified as a swimmer. However, when I got out of that pool I thought I was going to die. I was huffing and puffing and felt like I ran a marathon or something. And I went SLOW! I didn't realize I was this out of shape. I really need to start working out again. On the plus side, there were only 2 other parents in our group of about 10 adults that passed it as well, so I didn't feel as bad, but damn, that little bit of work was tiring.

Someone please tell me when I got so old? Thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts