Colder than a witch's tit

Hope my pals in the northeast are enjoying the deep freeze. It's not too terribly cold here, only about 13 degrees. But cold enough, dammit. We had some fun this weekend. Unfortunately, one of our favorite toy store/train store is closing. The owner is having trouble competing with electronic games and he figures 19 years is enough in one business. But, that allowed us to get some good stuff at a discount. Ellen wants to try model rocketry as a hobby so we got her a rocket, launch pad, and all the other accesories. Now we're waiting for spring to launch it! I always loved rockets as a kid so I was more than happy to encourage her.

As a quick update on some previous posts, of course, Ellen was right about not obsessing about school. I did some work today on one of my papers and realized that it's not as hard as it looked and I should have no problem meeting the deadling as long as I pace myself. I really need to stop sweating this stuff.

Finally, just an amusing anecdote to my post title. My late mother in law (who was never shy about a little colorful language now and then or stirring the pot) was always fond of saying it was "colder than a witch's tit) in this kind of weather. Perhaps it's the guy in me, but I'm fond of that particular phrase. So, the other day my pal Lois posted on Facebook the question which is colder, a witch's tit or a well digger's ass. Now, I hadn't heard of that second phrase so I asked Ellen, mentioning the FB post. She stated she'd had a lively discussion at work about that very topic! Small world, is it not?

Comments

Jude said…
I'd say a well digger's ass is colder, but hey I haven't met (or felt up) any witches either!

We'll most definitely need some updates this spring/summer regarding Ellen's model rocketry, sounds fun!

Have a good week my friend, and hopefully it won't get too cold there.
sydwynd said…
Jude: It would be inappropriate for me to comment on who's tits I've felt up. However, weather is warming up this week to around 30. A heat wave!
Jammie J. said…
Tony suggested a zombie's tit. hehe
sydwynd said…
Jammie: Hmm. That's an option. Until the zombie eats your brain.

Popular Posts