Overheard

Those of you that follow football may have heard that Brett Favre has been accused of sending inappropriate texts and pictures to a female reporter when he was with the Jets. Now, personally, I could care less. Sports figures long ago stopped being role models in my book and finding out another professional athlete didn't live up to the hype is no surprise.

However, I was in the gym at lunch today working out and a story came on one of the cable networks on the "latest" with the "scandal". I overheard two female co-workers talking about the story and I had to laugh at myself at what one of them was saying. First she went on about what a slime Brett was. She's stated she was from Wisconsin and her brother told her about some bar all the football players frequented that closed at like 2 am and the owner would bring in young girls just for the football players, and blah, blah, blah.

But the best part was when she started talking about the female reporter that supposedly received the texts. She then went on about how this woman who OBVIOUSLY got a boob job should have known better than to put herself in a situation like that. I left to get changed at that point in the conversation but I found it hysterical how catty women can be. God forbid a guy would say "She brought it on herself" but it's perfectly acceptable for another woman to say it. And since when does getting a boob job automatically mean a woman's a slut?

I just found that funny as hell.

Comments

Jammie J. said…
Brett did what he did because he could do it and get away with it. It likely had little to do with the woman's boob size, and she probably wasn't the only woman he was coming on to. Talk about small minded women. Ugh.
sydwynd said…
Jammie: I hear you! It always amuses me how women could be so catty. My impression was the boob comment was pure jealousy.
sydwynd said…
Jammie: I hear you! It always amuses me how women could be so catty. My impression was the boob comment was pure jealousy.

Popular Posts