Winter Wonderland? - Updated!

For those of you that live in this general area, you're probably doing today what we're doing: nothing. The forcast for today was 16 to 20 inches of snow. Yes you read that right. I'm not sure we're going to get that much, but it's been snowing all day.

Like most people, we got as much done as we could yesterday. Grocery shopping, a few errands, church. Today the plan was to go NOWHERE. Which is exactly what we've done. Instead, we've been doing inside stuff: Christmas cards, baking cookies, firing up the crockpot for dinner. The only reason I went outside was to clean the driveway so it's not too deep for tomorrow. The boys did spend some time outside playing in the snow, but winter is much more fun when you're a kid. I much prefer to stay in the warmth.

So hopefully if this storm is affecting you, you're nice and toasty curled up doing whatever you like. I'm looking forward to the boys going to bed so I can turn on the fireplace and just chill.

UPDATE! If you watched ABC's World News tonight, they did a story on this storm and they reported live from none other than......Rochester, NY! Yes, people, my town was featured on the national news. They talked to some local people and it was neat checking out the landmarks to see if I could figure out where they were. I was, however, wondering why they picked my town instead of some larger city, like Chicago or Cleveland. It became obvious halfway through the broadcast. Hannah Montana was here. She was also the lead story in the paper as well. I guess all of her shows are sold out and people are literally paying $1200 to $1500 to get a ticket. She was in town tonight. I don't get the appeal, but then again I don't have daughters. But at least our little burg got some national air time.

Comments

Popular Posts