Working from home - updated!

I'm doing some work from home today. Why? Because today is Snow Day. In a shocking move that I have not seen in the 13 years since moving back to Rochester, the Gates-Chili School District closed today and declared a snow day. So I'm home with the boys. I'm also logged in to work so I can in good conscience only take a half day instead of a whole day of vacation. But since nearly all the school districts are closed, I'm pretty sure half the people aren't at work today anyway.

Unfortunately for the boys, it's still colder than a witch's tit outside (one of my fave lines the MIL used to use). So there's no fun in the snow on Snow Day for the boys. Ain't no way I'm letting them out there with sub-zero wind chills. Forecast calls for a balmy 20 degrees tomorrow! I'm so looking forward to the warmup! Then after a few days in the 20's, back into the teens.

So if you don't hear from me for a while, it's probably because I'm trapped in a big ice cube like the caveman on that episode of Scooby Doo. But then again, maybe I'll wash ashore somewhere warmer, like Miami, and escape the cold. Again, stay warm all of you out there!

Update: The reason they canceled school was because none of the buses would start. It turns out the Federal Government mandated new diesel fuel that is much cleaner but was never tested in cold temperatures. At the temperatures we were experiencing, the fuel turned into sludge. Kind of difficult to run the buses that way. Another great example of our Fearless Leader in action.

Comments

Popular Posts