Blah Blah Blah

I got nothing specific so I'll just ramble a little.

I spend Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday "home" with the boys. By that, I mean that the boys are off from school this week, and I was in the house, but I spent much of those three days dealing with my Exchange migration project that's falling apart. I was making calls and gathering technical information. So even when I was home I was working. Our VP of Information Systems said he would make the time up to me and the CIO yelled at him for "making" me work while on vacation. As if I had the opportunity to let it lie for 3 days. It's already behind and the CIO made it a HIGH priority.

The Wife informed me she's setting up a "visit" with a dog that's up for adoption. I've been kind of ignoring the issue. I still don't want a dog. I recall the responsibility of caring for and cleaning up after a dog from when we owned one many years ago. Frankly, I don't want the responsibility again and I'm rather fond of having a yard that does not have dog tracks in the lawn or piles to clean up before you can go out into it. Call me selfish, but I have absolutely no desire to have one. The Wife is convinced that once she gets a dog, all of my objections will melt. I'm doubtful. I wouldn't hate the animal, but I can see some resentment if I end up having to care for it when I explictly stated I didn't want one. Stay tuned.

The Wife and I went out to a very nice dinner on Saturday. They had a "Parent's Night Out" at the boy's dojo. Basically we paid for them to babysit the boys so we could go out. There was movies, games, food, and all kinds of fun things for them to do from 5 pm to 1 am. Of course, we didn't let the boys stay up that late, but they stayed late enough. I took the Wife to my favorite Italian resteraunt. I hadn't had a chance to take her there yet since I normally go there for lunch. The wait was a little long, but the food, as always, was excellent. It was nice just to get out with the little lady.

I saw a couple of interesting news items. The first involved a woman that was relieved of active duty and placed on Reserve status for posing in Playboy. She's a reservist that was called up to active duty. She posed with her uniform on (or at least, parts of it on). I applaud the Air Force for what it did. What many people don't realize is that when you join the military, you give up some rights that are guarenteed the average citizen. You have no right to free speech, free association, etc. You agree to follow the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Being in the military has certain responsibilities. Posing nude in your uniform is not the way to respect it.

Also, a woman is suing a public school district over her son's Halloween costume. She's a Christian who doesn't really believe in Halloween, but if she didn't send her kid to school in a costume, he would have missed the party and parade, and have to stay in the computer lab for not participating. In order not to have her son feel excluded, she sent him to school in a Jesus costume. They would not let the kid wear a crown of thorns or tell anyone who he was supposed to be. So mom is suing the district claming discrimination. Good. This was a 4th grader. I don't think the school is really advocating one religion over another because a kid decides to wear a religious costume on Halloween. Schools just keep going to far in this seperation of church and state.

With everything going on at work and home, I've been kind of absent on the internet. I haven't really even been in the mood to blog or surf. I have been finding some time for music, but I've been almost too tired for that as well. But not THAT tired. Hopefully things will get more "normal" soon.

Comments

Popular Posts