I've Got a New Girl Now - Upate!

Well, I dood it. I had a chance to go to my favorite guitar store yesterday, just to see what they had. At a quick glance, I didn't see anything that jumped out at me. But I went to the back room, and there it was, hanging on the wall, centered in the doorway. You could almost see the halo around it and hear the angelic music. But I was cautious. I played it, and it felt good, and sounded good. But to be safe, I played a few other potentially promising guitars. None measured up. The price was a steal. It seemed almost too good to be true.

So I decided to take a chance. The shop has a 7 day return policy. If it didn't really measure up, then I could bring it back. And it was a model I'd been looking at but didn't think I could afford. So I took the chance and picked it up. First test, I played it side by side with my Yamaha. If you rate the Yamaha a 10, this was an 8.5. Sounded nearly as good, felt nearly as good. I was cautiously optimistic. But the real test was today.

Being the 3rd Sunday of the month, it meant Alive at 5 Mass. So I brought it with me and put it through it's paces. The verdict, well, the title of the post says it all. It felt perfect. There were a few times I thought I was playing my Yamaha. And again, I've wanted one of these since I knew what a real guitar was. So what did I get? I got this (stock photo, not my actual guitar):



Yes, that's right, I got a for real, Gibson Les Paul Studio in Wine color. It's a translucent finish so you can see the maple wood grain. This picture doesn't do it justice. And it feels and sounds awesome. I know you're all jealous, but do try to contain yourselves.

As a result, the Ibanez is now on ebay. So if you're interested (or know anyone that is) have them search for it (Ibanez RG550). You all know what it looks like. When I informed the Wife that the Ibanez was indeed going, there was much rejoicing. She's wanted me to get rid of that guitar since the day I bought it over 5 years ago. So she finally gets her wish. And I get a dream guitar. Overall, not a bad deal.

UPDATE: Holy shit! I've had that auction up about 24 hours and I've already gotten over 400 hits on it and a slew of email about it, from as far away as Australia. Guess I'm not the only one out there that likes hot pink guitars.

Comments

Popular Posts