Weight lifted

Last night was my last official function as cubmaster for my older son’s cub scout pack. I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my back. I can now be a regular parent again. It did get old after a while being responsible for everything. Plus, I would rather spend my spare time and energy on something I truly enjoy, namely music. My new group received many good comments after playing Sunday night and I really think that I can have a more positive impact drawing more people to the faith with my music than being miserable as a scout leader. Not that being a scout leader isn’t a rewarding and worthwhile endeavor, just not my thing. I’ll leave it to those that really like to do it. I was dreading scouting events for a while and now I can enjoy them with my son again.

Comments

Popular Posts