Highs and lows

I had a roller coaster of a day yesterday. It was mostly on a high note. Our church had a special service honoring Pope John Paul II. It was mostly music, and all of the church's music groups were invited to play, including the new one I'm involved in. It was the first time we'd played before the congregation. It was a little nerve racking, but we plunged right in. It was totally awesome!

We were tight and made a couple minimal mistakes that we covered. At the end of our first number, we got the big applause by the congregation. Mind you, it was filled mostly with our "older" parishoners, so I wasn't sure how it would go over with them. We were the only group to recieve accolades such as this. It was much appreciated. Our second song was a standard called Be Not Afraid and the whole congregation was in there singing with us. We were just floating when we finished, ready to do an hour set. Rocking for Jesus rules!

On the down side, the night ended quite badly. It might sound petty, but an arguement with the wife totally blew all the elation out of the water to the point where I'm still annoyed today. Not to get into too many details, the wife has had a cold and has been a little tired. I was getting ignored last night. A simple I'm tired from her would have sufficed. However, instead she tells me to stop being stupid. I don't take very kindly to having my intelligence insulted. I don't claim to be any kind of genius or anything, but I graduated in the top 10 in my high school class and graduated college with a 3.2 GPA. I also earned the equivalent of a master's degree in nuclear engineering in 6 months. Without patting myself on the back too much or anything, I consider myself a fairly intelligent person. Treating me like I'm stupid really flames me and will keep me upset for a while.

And worst of all, she didn't even have the courtesy to apologize even after I told her I didn't appreciate being called stupid. Because I'm sure she thought I was pissed off about being rejected instead of being insulted. You'd have thought she'd figured that out by now.

Enough about that however. I don't want to beat it to death. I'm quite confident the new Mass we'll be putting together will be great. It kicks off on May 1. I highly recommend everyone that doesn't live in Rochester fly in for the occasion. We need to fill up the church. I'll be happy to provide directions.

Comments

Popular Posts