Redemption!

I decided to kill some time at lunch today and went back to Guitar Center, this time to play some acoustic guitars. They are now slightly redeeemed in my eyes. The expensive guitars I played sounded and felt like expensive guitars. What a concept! I played this $2000 classical guitar that was just a joy. It elegant in sound. The neck was smooth as glass and it made me play better than I normally do. Just what I would expect. I played an Ovation acoustic I kind of liked. I also tried out a $2800 Gibson acoustic. Puts all the electrics they have out there to shame! It was soooo sweet sounding. And so easy to play. Again, just what I'm looking for if I intend to spend that much money on an instrument.

On a related note, I really need to cut the fingernails on my right hand. They're getting too long. Since I play the classical guitar, I cut my fingernails as short as I can on the left hand and grow them to about 1/4 inch or so on the right. Funny looking, but necessary. That also means filing them and generally doing the same things the sames things the ladies do with their nails. It can be a pain in the ass. Once they start getting to about a 1/2 inch or so, then they get in the way of everything, especially typing. And I'm at a keyboard all day. Oh well, the price we pay for our passions. My wife still makes fun of me because I only have nails on one hand. See how I suffer for my art!

Comments

Popular Posts