On the lighter side

Since the last couple of posts have been kind of heavy, I thought some lighter fare was in order. First quick note, I found out a new pet peeve to annoy the wife: dress shirts with the sleeves half in, half out. She was doing laundry and when I removed one of my dress shirts I neglected to pull the sleeves all the way out before throwing it in the hamper. A no-no! I got the look of death and a sarcastic comment. Note to self, make sure all shirts have sleeves half in and out.

On a second note, my older son (9) has taken up knitting. I'm not sure where his interest came from, but he ordered a book through school that came with instructions, a small pair of wooden knitting needles, and some yarn. He was having trouble with the directions so my mom helped him out. I think it made grandma feel good to pass on the knowledge to a new generation. She's from the "old country" though she's lived here for close to 40 years. My sister (the only girl in the household) didn't care to learn. My parents have 5 grandsons and no granddaughters so I don't think my mom thought anyone would want to learn. He's doing pretty good so far and can't wait to work on it some more. Personally I think it's really cool that he has "non-traditional" interests. I'm all for encouraging any interests the kids have, whether or not they may be my interests. Plus, if he really gets into it it will keep him still and quiet for a while, a definate plus for the wife and I.

I've got studio time scheduled this Saturday to do more recording on the CD project. It's on the planner but I'm sure the wife will not realize it until about Friday. This session is slated for horns. Should be interesting as I'm bringing in some friends from Church. They're pretty good but are used to playing with music. No such luck on this gig. I'm relying on their musical instincts. They're a little nervious but I think they'll do great. The sax player is a senior in high school and has great chops for an 18 year old. She'll do great. Can't wait to see how it comes out. I'll post something next week with an update.

Also on the musical front, the new praise group I'm running at church practiced yesterday. It was the first time we had a guitar, drums, and bass with vocals we could hear. It was very cool. All the musicians were quite excited. I think we've got something special here. It will take a few more practices until everyone's fully comfortable with each other but we're already starting to get a feel for each other and what the other will do. Kick off is May 1. Wish us luck everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts