Finger in the dike

That's how I feel lately. Like the kid who has his finger in the dike and if I take it out, the flood will come. There's just too many things going on between work, home, school, scouts, you name it. I just a few minutes ago put down the school work (that's 10:40 pm). I finally began writing one of the 3 papers due this semester. Research is mostly done on 2 but one I just have a rough outline. And I'm trying to get it all done by April 15. On an amusing note my one instructor (for the course I'm hating) is telling me that my "summaries" are too long and detailed and I should consider paring them down. I'm thinking that my summaries are about as minimal as I can make them without being completely shitty. I think they're only fair as it is. What does it say when the graduate work I think is B material is A+ material according to the instructor?

I could spend a lot of time giving details of all the crazy stuff that's going on right now. But I'm just too damn tired. There are times I just want to curl up in a ball and not get up. But I get up. Got to keep going. Where I'm going I don't know but I'll tell you when I get there.

Comments

Jammie J. said…
Blah. Someone's got too much to do and not enough time to do it in, sounds like. Of course, the only way to get it all done is to just keep on keeping on.

Hang in there, man.
sydwynd said…
Jammie: That's exactly it. But, I was sort of expecting it this semester. Don't make it any better. I THINK by the end of this month I'll be over the hump.
Jude said…
It sounds like you're a little overwhelmed Vince, and I hope the water levl behind the damn goes down considerably for you soon.

I give you a lot of credit, I couldn't take on as much as you do. I think you could use some peaceful, spiritual moments with some nice bike time about now.
sydwynd said…
Jude: I'm kind of stubborn that way. Or perhaps a glutton for punishment.

I'd LOVE to go riding but my mountain bike is in the shop! Ellen's neice's husband (what is that anyway, nephew-in-law or something?) upgraded the wheels and brakes for me and I haven't had a chance to pick it up. The garage looks so empty without it!
Jude said…
Go get it man! You deserve some ride time. :-)

Popular Posts