Light of Day

Last night I was working on the first paper for my marketing management class. Of course, it was like 9 pm and I was tired and I just wasn't getting it. It's a case study and the notes I was writing down (ok, typing) seemed lame. As usual, I was feeling very stupid and that I would get a terrible grade on the paper. However, I decided to bring my notes to work in case I had some time during lunch (or a lull) to review it.

Well, since Friday's are slow at work, I looked at my notes and some of the instructor's on line lectures. What a difference some sleep and doing things in the afternoon makes. After I read the instructions for the paper more closely, I realized the what the instructor is looking for! Light bulb went on! There's still going to be some work putting it together but now at least I have a clue! Since today is Friday I'm putting it all down until Sunday. I take Friday and Saturday off from school work (unless I'm either REALLY bored or I have a big looming deadline). I'm sure if I knock away at it for a few hours I'll have most of the research done. Oh, and when is this paper due? 9/29. Oh, and class officially started this Monday. Never let it be said I'm a slacker when it comes to getting my school work done. My plan is to have this whole paper written and ready to turn in by 9/24 so I can spend that weekend polishing it and I can turn it in on Monday of that week.

In other news, the boys are going camping this weekend with the scouts. They leave at about 5 on Friday and will be back after lunch on Sunday. Did I mention I wasn't going? So Ellen and I have a weekend to ourselves with no kids! I'm thinking dinner out tomorrow! We're definately going to enjoy a quiet weekend.

Comments

Jude said…
Good thing you had another look at it! It's too bad you couldn't do all of the class work during the workday. heh heh

Oooooh a weekend alone with Ellen. How romantic! :-) Enjoy!
sydwynd said…
Jude: Don't I wish! I don't know how romantic the weekend was, but it was a wonderful change of pace to be able to have a conversation with Ellen over a meal. You know, without being interrupted 17 times.
Jude said…
What???? No "showers for two"?? Tsk, tsk. Maybe next time....

Popular Posts