Life goes on

Things have been pretty mellow around here. Last week the boys had off from school so we did a bunch of stuff. I had the boys 3 days and the Wife stayed home 2. Those 2 days I was at headquarters in Schenectady upgrading a server. She got to take the boys to Bass Pro Shop (look it up, it's pretty cool) and then take the boys yesterday on a hike through the gorge in Letchworth State Park while I drove home. I'll drop a picture below. Anyway, even though the three of them are dead tired from all the walking, I think they had the better time than I. I really would have liked to go. The weather was beautiful, if a little warm, and the scenery awesome. It was a great outing on all accounts.

One of the great things about last week was that I recieved a cell phone I'd bought on ebay (pre-paid) and loaded it up with minutes so I have a personal cell number again. One that I'm not giving out to work people. From now on, when I get home, the work cell goes off and stays off until I leave for work again. I started this about 2 weeks ago and you would not beleive how much better I feel! I yell at the kids much less and don't stay angry with them any more! I never realized how much stress work was giving me until I left it at the door.

I could tell you about the stupid stuff that happened at work just the 2 days I was at headquarters this week, but truthfully, I just don't care. It was the kind of thing that was making me crazy at home. I've decided to do exactly what I'm asked at work and no more. Doing more for them just got me grief, so why stress out?

Anyway, as Miss Jude has stated in her blog, I will be a year older this week. No special plans in place, just going to enjoy the day. Hope everyone has a great week. Enjoy the picture of Letchworth.





Comments

Popular Posts