Say Hello to my little friend

Meet my newest pal. I rescued it from the accursed House of Guitars where it certainly would have been mistreated had it been there much longer. We're still getting to know each other. We need to learn to work together, but it's coming. I don't have a lot of time to spend with the new friend right now, but I do what I can. Not exactly what I was looking for in a new friend, but sometimes rescues surprise you.

Say hello, new pal:


For those of you that are discerning Brian May fans, you'll note that the pickup selector and phase switches are in the wrong place, and that the knobs are the wrong type. It also has a standard spring tremelo. But, it has the real deal Burns Tri-Sonic pickups so it sounds very much like the real thing. And as it turns out, it uses my favorite body wood, mahogany. And the tremelo stays in good tune. I do have to set it up as it doesn't quite tune correctly and the E string buzzes, but I'd expect as much from the House of Guitars.

Still, it plays very well right now. I have to get use to the balance of it when I put a strap on it since it's very different than my other guitars. The neck likes to slide down if I let it hang on it's own. Still, I think I'm really going to enjoy this baby. The sounds I can get out of it are totally cool.

I'll be in Schenectady the next couple of days so when I get back I'll update on my tooth woes and post pictures from the Coast Guard sleepover. As always, Rock On!

Comments

Popular Posts