And then there was one...

At 5 am today, my alarm clock went off. After crawling out of bed, I went to wake up Maverick, who literally sprung out of bed. I fed him quickly and got him dressed to be out of the house before 5:30. Why you ask? Because today he left for Boy Scout camp. For the WHOLE WEEK! Yes, I am childless for the next 6 days. I'm looking forward to it, as is the Wife. It is so much easier dealing with one kid than two. Grasshopper is also glad his brother is away, since now his big brother won't bother him.

I've chatted with some of the other "Scout dad's" I know today, and they all say that Maverick is going to have a blast. They've been to this camp before and say it's tons of fun. The weather looks pretty good, with forcast of occasional showers. The week shouldn't be a washout. Then next Sunday, I get to go to Cub Adventure Camp with Grasshopper. The Wife will be dealing with one child for a week and a half! She's pretty psyched.

Thing's should go pretty smooth this week since half the activities are cancelled. I'll probably post some new stuff soon. But tonight, I need to catch up with the season premier's of Doctor Who. I realized it was on Friday just after is started, so I caught the first episode, but not the second. Definately know what I'm doing after Grasshopper goes to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts