I might have to kill the boy

Today I got a call from one of Maverick's teachers. He's in a reading group for advanced readers. They've been reading a cool book and he was asked to do a report of some sort. Which he never told us about. Apparently, when the time came for the group to give their reports, he stated he'd left it in class but could recite from memory. The teacher politely asked him to go and get it.

So he goes back to class and brings his folder, proceeds to look through every paper in his folder, then announced he must have left it at home. Teacher says no biggie, turn in next day. Next day, still no report. So in front of the entire group, he tries the old "well, we just got a new dog and....". Not only was the teacher not buying it, the other kids in the group told him it was an old one.

Next step was the teacher sent home a "blue slip". The can get "green slips" when they've done good things, and a "blue slip" when they've done bad things. Apparently, the teacher wanted a parent signature. Which is why I got a call. She asked me if I had seen and signed the blue slip.

No I had not. I had however, signed a test for Maverick that didn't have anything on it from his regular teacher to sign and return. However, he asked me to sign it so I did. It appears the little snot used this sample to forge my signature on the blue slip. And according to the teacher, he did not a half bad job. Which normally might be amusing.

Except that Dad don't play lying, dishonestly, lack of responsibility, and especially forging my signature. So Maverick is really in for it tonight. I have yet to decide what his punishment shall be, as I haven't talked to the Wife yet, but rest assured it will be severe and unpleasant.

Comments

Popular Posts