Inspired

A few weeks back, the piano player in the band made what seemed like an inocuous comment to me. I'd brought a new song to the band and it was a mellower song. So she said I don't write and rock songs. So the gauntlet was thrown down. It's been in the back of my mind for a while now. Lately, however, I've been on a guitar kick. Just been wanting to sit down and play.

The other day I broke out my Rockman, which I haven't used in a while. I start playing around trying to write a rock song. Of course, that seldom works. Once I'd farted around a while and hated everything I did, I just relaxed and started playing. And suddenly a very groovey riff came out. Which I loved. Our drummer thought it was totally cool. So we're going to start working that one out.

Tonight I sat down, still motivated, and started just playing. And now I have the beginnings to TWO rock songs! So I think I'll be spending a while working on the songs so that I not only remember the riffs, but maybe get some lyrics too.

Off I go to rock some more!

Comments

Popular Posts